Category: Royal & Select Masters
M.Ill.Comp. Col R Keith Hind
1926 - 2019
M.Ill.Comp. Col R Keith Hind was appointed Secretary of the RMIGirls and designate Secretary of the MTGB on the 1st of November 1978, a few months after retiring from the Army. The MTGB was inaugurated in 1982 and required to take over as the new central Masonic Charity responsible for both Girls and Boys in 1985. In that year the former separate charities merged with the new Charity and he was appointed Secretary of the MTGB, a position he held until retiring on the 31st of October 1993.
He was initiated as a Freemason in Mayo Lodge, No. 1413 in the Province of Middlesex on the 25th of June 1955 and exalted in Mayo Chapter, No. 1413 on the 11th of February 1960. During his service in the Province of Middlesex he was a Provincial Deputy Grand Director of Ceremonies from 1976 to 1978 and Provincial Grand Director of Ceremonies from 1985 to 1990. He was promoted to Provincial Senior Grand Warden in 1994. He held the Office of Second Provincial Grand Principal for Middlesex for 1990.
He joined St Alban’s Lodge No. 29 on the 2nd of December 1974 and was Grand Steward for 1981. In Grand Lodge he was appointed as Grand Sword Bearer in 1993. In Supreme Grand Chapter he was appointed Grand Sword Bearer in 1985.
In 1978 he was also appointed as the Company Secretary of the Royal Masonic School for Girls, a position he held until 2004. In 1985 when the School became independent a Trust was formed, known as the RMIG Endowment Trust, to provide support for the School. In that year he was appointed a Trustee of this new Trust and a Governor of the School, positions held until his retirement in 2013.
Father held rank in several Masonic Orders as follows.
- In the Grand Lodge of Mark Master Masons and the Ancient and Honourable Fraternity of Royal Ark Mariners he was a Past Provincial Grand Master for the Province of Middlesex and is a holder of the Grand Master’s Order of Service to Mark Master Masonry. He was a Member of the Grand Master’s Royal Ark Council, Honoris Causa.
- Knight Commander in the Order of the Great Priory and Great Priory of Malta.
- Most Illustrious Grand Master in the Order of Royal and Select Masters from 1994 until 2005.
- Sovereign Grand Inspector General 33rd Degree in the Ancient and Accepted Rite under the Supreme Council 33rd Degree.
- Past Grand Senior General in the Order of the Red Cross of Constantine.
- Past Grand Junior Warden Order in the Order of the Allied Masonic Degrees.
- Past Grand Counsellor in the Order of the Secret Monitor.
- Past Provincial Senior Grand Warden in the Provincial Grand Lodge of London and the Metropolitan Counties in the Royal Order of Scotland.
- Knight Beneficent of the Holy City in Prefectory of St George of London No. 1.
Please kindly accept this communication from my father as a permanent message of goodwill to the many Freemasons of all ranks who he met and worked with, both at home and overseas, with his thanks for the honour they afforded him over so many years.
- Dr Charles R K Hind
The funeral service will be held at St Helen’s Church, Etwall, Derby DE65 6LP, on Monday 11th March at 9.30 am. Donations if desired to the Dogs Trust via http://www.wonderful.org/fundraiser/colonelkeithhindrip-ceaf9ada.